Sunday, May 15, 2005

Dreams

I had this dream this morning. I dreamt about my granddaughter again. She was a bit older this time, about 7 or 8 rather than 5 or 6 like she was the first time I dreamt about her (she's even aging in my dreams). She again was so much like Manda, but yet different. Blonde hair and blue eyes, but yet... didn't quite look the same as Manda did at that age. In my dream, she was cutting the grass with a child-sized lawnmower that really cut grass. She came into the house and told me how hot and sweaty she was from working so hard cutting the grass and she said that she was hungry. She proceeded to tell me about some place that made great hotdogs and she'd really like one of those (another Vince's fan? She MUST have been Manda's daughter! *vbg*) and I told her I didn't have the stuff to make one and I didn't want to drive all the way there (because in my dream they were located in Grand Rapids, rather than Monroe), so she settled for a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. Twice now, I've dreamed about her. I can't wait until she's finally born and I get to meet her in real life. She's a great little kid! Very outspoken and very intelligent. Look what you got to look forward to, Manda. *vbg*

Only bad thing was... we were still living here rather than somewhere else. Does that mean we're not going to make it to New Mexico or Arizona when we retire?

5 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I agree, Manda needs to go find herself a man and give you some grandbabies ;) Then you can live it instead of dreaming it!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Hey...no pressure please. When Amanda is ready for that stage of her life, she'll know. Motherhood isn't for everyone. I, for one am in no hurry to have a kid. Amanda will have children when it's right for her.

7:26 PM  
Blogger ME said...

And, when she meets the right man. ;o)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Amanda and Nathan said...

Awww, mom... you're like making me cry and stuff!

Why haven't you ever told me about these dreams before?!?

10:43 AM  
Blogger ME said...

I told you about the first one I had. Remember? It took place at a picnic and I dreamt about a little blond haired blue-eyed girl who was so much like you, but yet not you. She was about 5 or 6 at the time. However, in that dream, she was very shy and quiet, so different than she was this time, but maybe that was because there were more people around at the picnic in the first dream. Perhaps she is shy around lots of people that she's not used to. Kind of like you were at that age. ;o)

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home