Sunday, July 24, 2005

End of Vacation Time :o(

We've been on vacation this past week. This time we decided not to really go anywhere, just a "stay at home" vacation and take day trips if we wanted. We had never done this before, always had plans to go somewhere for vacation. It was one of the nicest vacations we've had. No rushing around to see sights or get anywhere by a certain time. We slept in and had leisurely breakfasts and just pretty much relaxed. I told my husband that this is what retirement will be like. Now that I've sampled it, I can hardly wait. We're looking at four years right now. My husband says it will go fast, and I know it will. I am really looking forward to it.

We did take a drive out along Lake Erie out by Put-In-Bay for a day. We also wandered around Michigan and even stopped in Hell. Not much in Hell these days just a party store, souvenir shop and a bar/restaurant and it sure was hot there! ;o)

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Glad to hear a quick update. Lazy vacations are the best kind! And they tend to be cheaper than destination vacations are too! :0) Never been to Hell myself (unless you count college - ha!) But the one in MI, no. Would be a fun day trip.

6:32 PM  
Blogger ME said...

I'm planning on going to Hell this winter and taking some pictures so the next time when someone says, "when Hell freezes over" I can show them a picture of frozen Hell. ;o)

7:57 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

awesome!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home