Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Cats in the Bedroom (not Bats in the Belfry)

Last night my neighbor came over and said that she had a stray cat hiding under her bed. I went over to see, and yep, the tan and white stray that we've seen around the neighborhood was indeed hiding in the far corner under her bed. In the dark you could just see his eyes shining. She had already tried chasing him out with a broom with no success. And, by this time, after all her broom work, he was hissing and terrified. He wouldn't come out for food either. Finally Coney went over with his fishing net on a broom pole and managed to chase him out from under the bed and up into the window. Then, they decided they wanted to open the window and push him out (whaaaaat? It was the second story, I know cats land on their feet, but this may surely have caused some injuries and I was totally against it, so I went downstairs and sat in the dining room). All of a sudden I hear, "Here he comes, open the slider door!" And I did. That poor, terrified cat came flying through the house and right out the door. I think his feet barely touched the ground on his flight out and if I had not opened the slider fast enough, he would have crashed against the glass.

Moral of story... If you're a person, make sure you have the screen over your slider door before you open it. If you're a cat, avoid my neighbor's house, it's a dangerous place over there!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Geez!!! That brings back memories of when I worked at camp in CA. Maybe I'll post my story on my blog later tonight...I'll link a comment to it if I do. Great story!!! :-)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Here's my story! Enjoy!

http://ruthieb.blogspot.com/

9:05 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

OMG - that's hallarious....how funny.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home