Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Freebies

I got an email from XM-Radio about getting a special deal to get a second Roady XT with car kit and free activation for $39.00. We talked about it for a bit and decided it would be nice to have a second one to use in the truck on trips and when we don't use the truck, we'd just put it in the house to use and leave the one in my car (since I always forget to take the one from the house and put it in the car). Sounded like a pretty ok deal. So, I go to the website and enter in my "special code" number and after reading the terms of the deal (you have to agree to 6 months at $6.99 for this radio on the family plan... yada, yada, yada) which I click "I agree to" and then the website shows $29.00 for the price. Huh? So, now we're concerned whether this is the same deal and does this one come with the car kit and all. So, I call XMRadio to ask and make sure. Well I get this fellow with a strong accent (I'm sure he's in India) who proceeds to tell me I can have the radio free under the very same terms! Huh? This is getting better and better all the time. All I have to pay is $10.20 shipping, I'll get my new Roady XT in 8-10 days and I just have to call to have it refreshed when I get it since it's supposed to come already activated. Ok, I can do that. He tells me that this free deal is only one per customer and it's only for current XMRadio customers. So, this deal that started out $39.00 in an email and then became $29.00 on the website is now free when I made a phone call. What if I hadn't made the phone call? Would I have ended up paying $29.00? Probably. Hmmmmm.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda and Nathan said...

That's the same deal Paul got for the Roady I have. It's awesome - I love my XM!!

6:09 PM  
Blogger ME said...

Did you get yours free? I just think if I had ordered it online, I would have had to pay for it, but because I happened to call with a question, I got it free.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home