Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Feeling Frustrated

As you may know, I have been working on my A+ Certification. I know a lot about computers already, but I just wanted that piece of paper that said I knew. However, there is so much little stuff that they expect you to memorize, like... what's the on board cache in a Pentium II Processor? And, what are the minimum requirements cited by Microsoft to use Windows 98? Stuff that you never really need to know by heart when you work on computers, you can always look that stuff up very easily if you need to. My memory sucks. Big time. I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to remember all that trivial stuff. I've been able to pass the practice tests I've taken so far, but it scares me a bit anyhow.

The good news (or maybe it's bad news) is that I may be able to schedule my test at the school the end of March. Other very good news is the vouchers are supposed to be around $65 each and you need two to take two tests, hardware and software, so total cost is only $130, a real bargain! And, if you fail a test, you can still purchase another voucher through the school for the same price and take the test again.

I'm hanging in there. I just registered for the Network+ class, too. I'd really like to pass that, but I know I have a lot to learn about all the different network protocols and topologies. A lot to learn.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda and Nathan said...

Good luck with the test Mom. I'm still debating doing mine. Never know when it might come in handy. :)

11:38 AM  
Blogger ME said...

Well, wait to take yours until after I take mine. I have so much stuff you can use to study from before you take yours.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Amanda and Nathan said...

Yes ma'am. :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Good luck!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home