Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Making Ice Cream

I got an ice cream maker, I've been wanting one for a very long time. Settled on a Cuisinart with the gel-type freezer. Today I made simple vanilla ice cream. It came out very good for a first try. What I like about it, is I can stop the freezing action when I want and have the consistency of ice cream that I like. (I like soft ice cream.) I just need to work with the recipes more, while the vanilla was very good, I thought it was a bit on the sweet side so next time I'll add a little less sugar. But, all in all, I'm very happy with it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Ooooh, I want one of those - I, too, am a soft ice cream eater. That would be awesome...gonna have to put that one on the registry ;)

10:20 AM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Mmmmmm. Ice cream. Now, if you baked some big chocolate chip cookies, you could put your semi-soft ice-cream in between two cookies and have a little slice of heaven. Mmmmmm.

Man, I'm hungry.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home