Saturday, December 10, 2005

Snow! Enough Aleady!

Ok, so I don't like snow. In fact, these days, I HATE snow. We got about 8 inches Thursday night. I had an appointment Friday morning and had a heck of a time trying to get to the expressway. I tried one route from the town I live in and couldn't get more than a half mile from town. (Our terrific county can't get out this way to plow roads in a timely manner.) So, I had to turn around and head back to town or risk getting stuck somewhere. I tried another route from town to the expressway and had more success, got to the expressway but it took me triple the time it would normally have taken me. But, at least I got there. I made my appointment in time too.

That's the worst thing about snow, you know? You can very quickly lose your mobility with just a small amount of snow when you live in rural areas. I mean really, it's not like we got a foot or two. With the way the roads looked though, you would have guessed it was a real blizzard. Our county spends lots of money on equipment and payroll, but they can't get a job done quickly. To give you an example, everytime they're doing work in the summer you see their trucks on the side of the road. There's always one guy working and five watching him work. I think they could get jobs done much quicker if they ALL would work! But, that's not how things are done in the county I live in.

Back to the snow. I'm hoping we get all the snow before the holidays (no, I'm NOT going to say Christmas because I have a number of friends who are NOT Christians, and no they aren't going to Hell either because they have different beliefs) and then have a fairly snowless time the rest of the winter.

I can only hope, can't I?

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda and Nathan said...

See.. that's the nice thing about living in GR. We get a heck of a lot of snow but they are always out plowing. Thursday night they waiting until it stopped to plow, but by Friday morning the roads were pretty much clean. :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger ME said...

Yeah in town, but probably not out in the country. That's the problem. Town was clear as can be, it's just the out of town areas that are bad. *sigh*

10:03 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Doesn't help that the snow blows terribly across Teal and Summerfield with the open cornfields. Good luck on that "no snow after the holidays" wish ;)

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home