Thursday, October 13, 2005

Remembering Dauna

A very dear friend of mine died three years ago yesterday. She was only 39 years old. She had Type 1 diabetes, but no serious complications. She had a difficult time controlling her bgs, however, even with the help of an insulin pump. She went to bed Friday evening and was gone when her husband woke up Saturday morning. We never did get any real confirmation from her autopsy as to why she died.

I loved her like a sister. I miss her terribly. I know many other friends do as well. Dauna, where ever you are.... I love you and miss you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

:-( Lossing people you love is so tough. They say that time heals all wounds, but I think there are some wounds that just go too deep for time to touch. I think that as long as we charish the memory of people we love who've died that we keep part of them alive. That doesn't make it much easier most of the time, but I like to think that the people I love who have died are watching my life from somewhere and are with me when I need them or for special moments in life.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Amanda and Nathan said...

Awww... Mom... You're gonna make me cry! Lots of hugs!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi You,
Nice site here. And "sorry" doesn't do it for what I felt reading about your friend... ouch.

Anyway, visit me sometime at www.diabetesmine.com?

Yours,
AmyT

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home