Monday, June 12, 2006

Rescheduled Test

I had to reschedule my A+ Core Hardware test until July 5th. Turns out, because I wear an insulin pump and I wanted to have the ability to test my blood sugar during the test, if necessary, I had to fill out an ADA Special Accomodations form and have my doctor sign it. So, now I'm just waiting to see if they give me approval for that. I was also concerned that, if they saw my insulin pump, they would think it was a pager or cellphone and not allow me to take it into the testing area (no personal items are allowed in) and, since I don't want to be without insulin for 2 hours, I figured I was best off handling it this way. Ahhh, the joys of dealing with diabetes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

After finally changing docs - Daddy is considering getting a pump too. Any info you have would be helpful!

3:16 PM  
Blogger ME said...

Oh, cool Shannon. You need to email me your dad's email address. Make sure he researches all the pumps, so he can decide which one he wants, he shouldn't just go on the doctor's recommendation. Right now there are 3 main pump companies, Animas (which is what I have), Deltec, and MiniMed. I'll email you the phone numbers and websites for all three so he can have a look at them. Your dad will love the pump.

If your dad or mom wants to get lots of info on using a pump, they should check out www.insulin-pumpers.org. I can send you more info on that too, if you like.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Cool - will pass on the info and get back to you if he would to learn more :)

Thanks bunchies!

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home