Saturday, July 01, 2006

A+ Hardware Core Test

I take my test next week, on July 5th. I got my approval for special needs so I'm all set there. No one should make any fuss about my pump or glucose meter. Actually it was very simple to do, just have my doctor sign a form and fax it over to the Accomodations Department at Prometric. So, I've been cramming like crazy, I've got a long weekend because of the 4th, so extra time to brush up on things. I'm passing all my practice exams so I think I should be good to go. Then I figure I'll wait a month or so to work on the OS (Operating Systems) exam so I can take it. Hopefully by the end of the summer, I'll be certified (or certifiable *vbg*).

For anyone thinking about going for A+ Certification, they are in the process of updating the tests now. Since I've already worked so hard on this stuff, I've decided to just go ahead and do it now and not wait for the new tests to come out. I imagine the new tests will be more in line with the hardware and OSes that are in use now. Technology never stands still, it's always moving ahead, sometimes faster than we can keep up with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home