Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Life Continues

Life continues on. We're doing ok, not fantastically, but ok.

The market has crashed, and while I'm sure our money is out of there, I hope that's truly the case. If the market can stay down for just a few more weeks, we can get our money in there and hopefully, next year, can come out like bandits. Not a bad proposition, if you ask me.

I've tried to stay out of the political arena, but I have to say in my opinion, that so far for my life's circumstances, Obama is offering much better options than is McCain. So, I guess that's the direction I'm leaning in these days. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Manda's wedding plans next May continue on. She's got the hotel booked in St. Thomas at a very good price and we've got our plane tickets scheduled. I'm looking forward to a fabulous Caribbean vacation in the spring. I've never been there and I've heard that St. Thomas is fabulous. So, I can't wait.

Finally, finally, life is beginning to look up for us. It's been bad these last couple years, but I guess not as bad as it could have. But, then, we have only ourselves to congratulate for that. We kept ourselves out of debt, managed our finances very closely and kept ourselves on track. Granted we did without a lot of things we would have liked to have had, but that's what happens when the economy kicks you in the butt. You've got to tighten up those purse strings and keep yourself afloat. Hopefully, next year will be better (I keep telling myself that).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home